Piccolo STX IoT
Vehicle Tracking Made Simple & Affordable by Innovation.
*Available on CATM1/NB1 Networks Worldwide
with 2G fallback
The Piccolo STX is a modular, plug and play GPS vehicle tracking device packaged with integrated GPS and cellular antennas, available on 4G CATM1/NB1 NETWORKS WORLDWIDE WITH 2G FALLBACK.
With GPS vehicle tracking, engine diagnostics, an integrated rechargeable back-up battery and support for additional fleet management expansions such as fleet dash cams, geofence alerts, temperature monitoring sensors and BLE Support for ELD Compliance, it is purpose built for reliable performance under the rigors of industrial fleet operations ranging from light vehicles to heavy duty trucks.
Plug & Play Integration
Plug & Play integration into any 3rd
party application via API or TCP/IP
Vehicle Tracking & IoT Solutions
The device has the option to communicate with our various IoT BLE tags for countless applications! View applications
Tracks Any Vehicle
Plug & Play installation on any vehicle type.
Vehicle Tracking Integrated With IoT
In addition to its many telematics vehicle tracking functionalities, The Piccolo STX IoT acts as an IoT Gateway communicating with our family of IoT Tags and uploading the IoT data to the server – for an all around connected fleet.
Use the Piccolo STX IoT fleet GPS vehicle tracking platform for countless applications
A Modular fleet GPS vehicle tracking device, easy to integrate and inexpensive to customize to your needs
Connect Wireless Links Dashcam for fleet safety and monitoring of extreme driving behavior such as sudden acceleration, sudden lane crossing, sharp turns and sudden braking
Monitor up to 6 different compartments with an accuracy of ±0.5°C. Easily configure the Piccolo STX to report the temperature readings periodically, when the temperature changes more than X degrees and configure alarm limits for highs/lows.
The Piccolo STX IoT acts as an IoT Gateway communicating with our family of IoT Tags and uploading the IoT data to the server- for an all around connected fleet.
2 digital inputs, 1 digital output and 1 analog input for event logs such as engine on/off, vibration alarm, door open/close.
When the vehicle is idle (stopped) for a predetermined time period, the unit can switch to transmit in “idle mode,“ for example every 4 hours instead of every minute while moving.
Authorize drivers to start vehicle with driver identification via dallas keys or passive RFID keys.
Integrated rechargeable back-up battery. Battery level transmitted with every GPS data.
Stores and forwards up to 5000 events and sends them automatically when unit is back in cellular coverage.
Highly compressed OTA, UDP communication packaged with MidLink Middleware and “Plug & Play” API or DLL for quick integration into any third party software
How it works
Connect to almost any vehicle on the road with a variety of cable options.
The Piccolo STX actively reads and reports engine diagnostics, fuel data, driver behavior, temperature data and more. In addition, the Piccolo STX provides visibility on to specialized, on-board equipment such as PTO status.
In addition to it’s many telematics functionalities, various IoT BLE tags have been integrated with the Piccolo STX IoT. This functionality allows the Piccolo STX IoT to act as an IoT Gateway which is used to process and forward the IoT data to the server- for countless applications including Cold Chain, Asset Tracking, Inventory Management, School Transportation & Campus Management.
Sends via BLE or Dual USB/BLE the ECM Data to any mobile device for ELD Compliance providing the functionality and reliability of a one-piece fixed mount integrated on-board computer for a fraction of the price.
With a small footprint and rugged design, the Piccolo STX is tested for vibration, shock, moisture, and extreme temperatures, and is built for reliable performance under the rigors of industrial fleet operations ranging from light vehicles to heavy duty trucks, industrial machinery and more.
4G CATM1/NB1 with 2G Fallback. Supported bands
Cat.M1 & NB1, LTE-FDD:B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/B12/B13/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28 LTE-TDD: B39 (for Cat.M1 only) GSM850/GSM900/
- GPS Technology
GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Compass,Galileo, QZSS up to 1m (3ft) accuracy
- Enclosure: Flame retardant ABS/PC
• Flame rang UL94V-0
• GPS Technology – MTK GPS Technologies – 66 channels
- Dimensions: 3.36” x 2” x 1” LWD (85mm x 52mm x 25.4mm)
Additional 0.4” (10mm) on each side for mounting brackets
- Weight: 3.17 oz.(94gr) without batteries
- Operating temperature: -40° to 176° F (-40° to 80° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 221° F (-40° to 105° C)
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110F (40C), non-condensing
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA standard
RS-316B: 3G (operating), 20G (non operating) XYZ 3directions.
Meets SAE J1455 (non operang) XYZ 3directions
- Power source: 6DC-32VDC tethered to vehicle battery
or portable with cigarette plug connector
- ESD 4kV contact, 15kV air
- When external power is disconnected, the unit automatically
switches to back up 1800mA/3.7 VDC lithium rechargeable
battery/fully charged can send up to 1200 GPS locations.
- Protection: internal resettable 1Amp fuse
- Transmit mode: 200mA at 12VDC
- Running mode: 70mA at 12VDC
- Standby (Hibernation) mode: 20mA at 12VDC (when waiting
for external event with GPS on)
- Sleep mode: 5mA – (switching to sleep mode automatically
when engine is off and/or when external power is disconnected)
- Digital Inputs – Four contact events: two ground sense and two
5VDC – 32VDC positive sense
- Analog Inputs – one 0-5VDC
- Digital Outputs – two open collectors 500mA
- Internal analog temperature sensor
- Add three digital inputs for a total of four ground sense and two positive sense
• Add one analog input for a total of two
• Add RS-232 serial port for a total of two. The additional RS-232 port can support RS-485.
- Vibration Sensor – sensitivity adjustable for automatic security theft alarm
- 3D Accelerometer – for tilt detection and extreme driving
condition reporting such as sudden acceleration, sudden lane crossing, sharp turns, and sudden brakes
- Driver identification via iButton (Dallas key or Passive RFID)
- Up to 6 temperature sensors via iButton
- Internal lithium 1500mA rechargeable battery
- Can bus OBDII/J1939, or J1708
- Bluetooth 4.0 for HOS tablet communicaon
- In cabin installation (usually under the dashboard when dashboard
- Plug and Play installation with OBDII/J1939 connector prewired to
the STX wire harness
- GPS: Off when service is disabled, blinking green when operating
normally, blinking orange when GPS current reading is invalid, blinking red on GPS error
- Modem: Solid green when modem is registered, off when no signal
is present or unit is off
- Data: Solid red when data is waiting to be transmitted, off when no data is in the buffer
- Power: Solid green when operating normally, off when unit is off, turning to orange when charging the internal battery.
- Sends GPS location every X seconds/minutes and/or every Y
miles/km or any combination between time and distance
based on speed
- Idle transmission – when the vehicle is idle (stopped) for a
predetermined time period, the unit can switch to transmit in
“idle mode,“ for example every 4 hours instead of every
minute while moving
- Event logs – Events such as engine on/off, vibration alarm,
door open/close are sent with a time stamp of the event and may be configured remotely and sent with or without the
exact GPS location taken at the time of the event.
- Driver identification – Authorized driver ID’s for the specific
vehicle are downloaded to the unit OTA and only the driver that has the matching Dallas key ID is authorized to start the vehicle, and the driver ID is sent to the control center
- Firmware download via USB or OTA (Over the Air)
- Configurable via USB or OTA
- Highly compressed OTA, UDP communication packaged with
MidLink Middleware and “Plug & Play“ API or DLL for quick
integration into any third party software
- Or direct TCP/IP communication OTA,(no Middleware)
packaged with “Plug & Play“ API for quick integration into
any third party software
- OTA diagnostic tools
- Vibration sensor sensitivity OTA configurable
- Tilt detection and driver behavior violations sensitivity
- Store and Forward – The unit can store up to 5000 events
when out of cellular coverage then send them automatically
when back in cellular
- Geo-fence – auto alarm with GPS location when the unit moves in and out of a predetermined zone
- Tow detection – The unit detects when the vehicle is moving
while the ignition is off
- Starter killer – when the vehicle is stolen, a command can be
sent OTA to kill the starter so once the vehicle is stopped and
the ignition is turned off it cannot be turned on again
(for safety reasons in most countries it is illegal to OTA turn
off the engine or gradually decelerate when the vehicle
- Battery power value is sent automatically OTA to the control
center database with every GPS data
- Battery saving mode – auto switch to deep sleep mode when
engine is turned off and auto wake up when engine is turned
on or on vibration (this feature does not require back
- OTA programmable via SMS
- Sends cell based location in addition to GPS coordinates
- Accurate driven distance
- External accessible SIM card holder with security lock