Improve churn on services, boost profitability and continuously know where bins and roll-off containers are located for enhanced asset security, with our top rated easy-to-use fleet management solution for the waste industry. Combining RFID technology with advanced GPS telematics devices, the solution will significantly improve your bottom line and will provide you with the control you are lacking on any size application of waste management vehicles, roll off containers, roll-off dumpsters, non-powered assets, waste fleets or residential bins.
Remove The Pain Of Always Searching For Your Assets
By placing wireless, waterproof Active RFID tags on every roll-off container, receive immediate visibility on last known location and for how long it has been parked at the customer’s site. Use this valuable data to bill your customers with accurate, up to the second data.
Auto-Complete For Residential Bins
Optimize the waste collection operation by auto-logging location and pick-up events with integrated RFID placed on bins, sending the data to the driver’s Android Tablet and to your platform.
Improve Waste Management Fleet Productivity & Churn
Our powerful fleet management platform for waste management fleet tracking provides key data and analytics of your fleet including GPS tracking, engine diagnostics and driver behavior.
- An easy-to-use cloud-based platform.
- Real-time GPS tracking
- Exact data on pick-up /drop-off of roll-off container, asset or bin including when and where and by which truck and driver
- Length of time on a route, distance traveled, unplanned / planned stops and more.
- Last location
- Speed and direction of waste fleet
- Fuel Report
- Engine diagnostics including battery level, RPM and odometer
Rapidly Respond To Roll-off Container, Asset or Bin Theft
Set a geofence boundary radius and get alerts upon exit/entrance of boundary and on sudden vibrations, enabling you to rapidly respond to equipment malfunctions and other critical conditions that could jeopardize your valuable assets .
Reduce Operational Costs
Reduce operational costs with engine diagnostic alerts and generate reports on:
- Battery levels,
- Engine speed,
- Engine load percentage,
- Fuel percentage,
- Fuel consumption,
- Average fuel rate (gal/h) and more
Improve Driver Behavior
Track and manage the following metrics: speeding as compared to the posted limit, hard braking, sharp turns, sudden acceleration and sudden lane crossing.
We Offer The Following Devices For Waste Management GPS Fleet Tracking
1. Passive RFID - Auto Complete For Residential Bins
Ideal for those looking to primarily track waste fleets along with residential bins. This is a cost-effective RFID waste management tracking solution in which a passive RFID tag is placed on every waste bin and a Piccolo BLE telematics gateway with a high-powered passive RFID reader is installed on every truck.
Wireless RFTags Integrated with Fleet Management for inventory management. Most suitable for waste management tracking of containers and assets. With this option, a wireless, waterproof Active RFID tag is placed on every waste container and a Piccolo Plus telematics gateway is installed on every truck.
Waste Management Resources
The Ultimate Checklist for Selecting A Waste Management Tracking System
The must-have checklist of metrics was designed to help you define your specific needs, evaluate a telematics company’s offering and maximize telematics effectiveness.
The main goal is to discover how much of the maintenance and expense reduction can really be credited to them. Let’s dive right in!
Questions To Ask Yourself Before Approaching A Telematics Company:
Before approaching a telematics company, you should do some homework on your current fleet. Understanding where you currently stand and what your current challenges are will help you focus on the solution you are looking for. Perhaps you are all set and think you just need a gps tracking system. Answering the below questions will help you focus and understand if you are in need of a more robust integrated solution that would help protect your employees, your equipment, or your brand.
- How many sanitation vehicles do I have and would like to track?
- How many bins do I have?
- How many roll-off containers do I have?
The above 3 questions are questions that the telematics company will ask you. You need to tally up your fleet and equipment to understand the exact quantity you would need to track.
- What would I like to achieve?
- Am I only looking to gain visibility over my assets and vehicles?
- Would I like added functionalities such as engine diagnostics, maintenance reports, ability to reduce fuel costs, route optimization?
Are you looking solely for GPS location tracking? Or perhaps you want a more robust integrated solution that would provide you with further visibility on your operations? An integrated solution will cost more now, but in the long run will help you increase efficiency, become more productive and reduce your overall costs.
- How am I billing my customers? Based on usage, pickup, etc?
- How am I currently controlling my inventory of roll off containers or waste trucks?
- How am I currently tracking pickups for my bins?
- What are my current challenges with the way I am going about it today?
Are you still using paper logs? Or are you currently using a fleet management system that just doesn’t cut it? Are you currently spending dozens of man-hours each year on lengthy yard hunts and unnecessary equipment transfers to and from different job sites? Tally up your pain-points and tick them off when you are scouting out a new solution. This will help you focus on what you are looking to solve without straying from your main target.
- Do I need to be compliant with the ELD mandate?
- If so, is there an all-in-one solution for fleet management for the waste industry integrated with ELD?
Once you’ve finished outlining your specific needs, you’re ready to approach a telematics company. Have the following questions on-hand in order to benefit from the unprecedented levels of visibility and efficiency a telematics company can provide you:
- Which information is provided regarding location? Is it only the last GPS location or do I get continuous check-ins?
- Am I be able to extract reports?
- Do I have full visibility of vehicle equipment activity such as bin lifts to measure usage?
- Will I be able to produce reports around these events?
- Is the solution easy to install?
Understand what will be needed from you during the installation process. Is it simple plug and play? Will you need to hire a special technician for this? It’s important to know how long it will take and what are the added costs so you have everything you need know up front.
- Does it eliminate manual record keeping?
You’re already investing in a new technology based solution, it is important to understand if it will eliminate manual record keeping altogether.
- Am I able to streamline my billing so that I charge my customers based on usage, actual pick-up etc?
- Am I able to get exact data such as which asset was picked up and dropped off, when and where and by which truck and driver?
A robust systems will help you keep up with the constantly moving parts of your fleet. Billing and charges will be based on actual data, putting an end to guessing games and .
- Am I able to also track my driver’s driving behavior? Can I identify which vehicle they are driving and at what speed?
By detecting and capturing information on driver behavior, such as speeding incidents and harsh driving events, a telematics platform gives your company the information needed to coach your drivers on safety best practices. You can also use this data to incentivize responsible driving, helping build a safety-focused culture.
- How will you help with reducing my operational costs? Am I able to receive engine diagnostic & maintenance alerts?
- Will I be able to Lower Diesel / Fuel Cost?
- Will I be able to monitor my fleet’s fuel use and reduce expenses?
- Will I be able to reduce vehicle breakdowns? If so, how?
Tracking the usage of your waste vehicles, powered assets, and unpowered assets with engine diagnostics and maintenance alerts will automatically remind your team about oil changes and maintenance checks on tires and other components. You can use this feature to properly service vehicles and assets, reduce costs, and avoid breakdowns. Depending on usage, you will be able to customize maintenance alerts for each vehicle and asset.