wireless temperature monitoring device Piccolo TMX+
Portable Temperature Tracker: Piccolo TMX+
The industry's most advanced & versatile Standalone GPS unit for portable temperature monitoring
Up to 5,000 GPS & Temperature readings on a single charge
The portable, wireless GPS temperature tracking device is Packaged in an IP67 waterproof enclosure with integrated GPS and cellular antennas, equipped with an 7800 mAh rechargeable lithium back up battery and an external digital temperature sensor with +/- 0.5˚ C, +/- 0.9˚F accuracy, the unit monitors the temperature
in a closed area such as a refrigerated truck and will transmit it periodically to the cloud platform. It is excellent for tracking the temperature status of perishable goods as they move through the distribution chain, from warehouse & freezers, to refrigerated trucks, containers and packages.
How it works
Once placed in the refrigerated area the Piccolo TMX is normally in deep sleep mode configured to wake up once every XX minutes, read the temperature with the current GPS position and send it with a time stamp to the platform.
In order to preserve battery life wake up every
XX minutes (for example every 5 minutes) read the temperature with the battery life and time stamp store it in the Piccolo TMX memory and send all accumulated reading with their respective time stamps to the platform every YY minutes (for example every 60 minutes).
The unit is small-sized to fit in parcels & cargo and is packaged in an IP67 waterproof enclosure with integrated GPS and cellular antennas. It is equipped with a an extremely long battery life rechargeable lithium back up battery and with external digital temperature sensor of +/- 0.5˚ C, +/- 0.9˚F accuracy.
Supports up to 6 wired digital temperature sensors, with an accuracy of +/- 0.5˚C, +/- 0.9˚F.
Assuming temperature reading every 5 minutes but sending the accumulated 12 readings once an hour to the platform, the 7800 mAh battery life will be around 5000 temperature readings.
Sends immediate alerts on temperature changes.
Easily reconfigure the Piccolo TMX+ Over-The-Air or by sending SMS commands.
Packaged in an IP67 waterproof enclosure with integrated GPS and cellular antennas.
The unit can change mode of operation , the frequency of transmitting GPS and temperature when entering a pre-configured geo-fence
and/or when vibration or movement is detected.
With every transmission the Piccolo TMX will send the current battery level to the server.
Fast charge from an external standard 12VDC wall charger via a waterproof connector
Easy to configure several reporting intervals based on customer specific operational requirements.
- Network availability– GSM/GPRS or EDGE/HSPA+ (3G) or 4G CATM NB1
- Frequency Bands – 2G Quad-Band, 3G European: 900/1800/2100 or 3G US 850/1900 MHZ or 4G NB1: Cat.M1 & NB1, LTE-FDD:B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/B12/ B13/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28 LTE-TDD:
- GPS Technology– MTK 66 Channels
- Dimensions: 4.9” x 3.3” x 1.6” (125mm x 87mm x 41mm)
- Weight: 3.7oz (105g) without the batteries
- Storage Temperature: -40º to 221º F (-40º to 105º C)
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110F (40C), non-condensing
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA
standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G
(non \operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455
- Operated by Rechargeable battery – one 4.2 VDC Lithium rechargeable
battery pack with a capacity of 7800mA.
- When fully charged has the capacity of transmitting up to 5000 GPS position.
The unit has an internal fast charger.
- The batteries are charged via an
external of the shelf standard 6-24VDC regulated power supply wall powered (110-220 AC) that plugs into the unit via a waterproof
- Charge time is around 4-5 hours.
- Externally powered- the TMX+ will run in continuous mode acting as a real-time tracker for as long as external power is available. The internal battery will recharge for as long as external power is available.
Current consumption from battery:
• Standby mode: 40ma at 3V
• Sleep mode: 45uA at 3V
• Transmit mode: 1.8A pulse at 3V
- Up to 6 external digital temperature sensors may be connected to
monitor 6 different zones .The external temperature sensor might be attached to the Piccolo TMX+ in 2 different ways based on specific customer requirements:
•Via direct wire by default 30 cm ( 1 feet) up to 10 meters ( 33 feet )
•Via plug and play connector for quick and easy sensor replacement
- GPS: Off when service is disabled, solid green when operating normally, solid orange when GPS current
reading is invalid, and solid red on GPS error.
- Modem: Solid green when modem is registered, off when no signal is present or unit is off
- Data: Solid red when data is waiting to be transmitted, off when
no data is in the buffer
- Power: Solid green when operating normally, off when unit is off
- Charger – Orange when charging
- Digital inputs – optional up to two dry contact IO one
input can make event on open loop detection that
wakes up the unit and sends an alarm
- Up to 6 external digital temperature sensors (optional)
• Vibration sensor – for automatic security theft alarm and
- Over the Air (OTA) configuration via SMS
- Highly compressed OTA, UDP communication packaged with
MidLink Middleware and “Plug & Play “ API or DLL for quick
integration into any third party software, recommended for
- Or direct TCP/IP communication OTA,(no Middleware) packaged with “Plug & Play“ API or DLL for quick integration into any third party software, recommended for Unix and/or Linux platforms
- OTA Diagnostic – via Wireless Links proprietary application and
- USB port for firmware download and configuration
• Analog Input -Optional 0-5V analog input ,sensor powered by an external power source controlled by the Piccolo ATX2S.
- USB port powers the unit during configuration and testing Firmware
download and configuration via USB.
- Integrated internal analog temperature sensor sends unit
temperature with every GPS data transmission.
- High location accuracy achieved with integrated 66
channel MTK GPS technology
- Optional external GPS and /or cellular antenna.
- Sends battery level with every GPS data.
- Store and forward- the unit can store up to 10,000 events when out of cellular coverage and then send them automatically when back in cellular coverage.
- Magnets – For easy installation on metal surfaces
- Two sided 3M Industrial tape- for a strong, permanent attachment
Frequently Asked Questions
The benefits of a wireless temperature monitoring solution include 24/7 visibility & control into the location and temperature status, rapid response to critical temperature change and cutting risk of cargo loss.
The best wireless temperature monitoring device supports multiple temperature sensors, has an extremely long battery life, is IP67 waterproof and weatherproof and sends alerts on temperature change to multiple people.
You are able to monitor Temperature Remotely from a Cell Phone through our DriverLink app for real-time cold chain temperature visibility so swift action can be taken to prevent spoilage when a need occurs.
Wireless temperature monitoring allows you to monitor the temperature & location of your perishable goods off a battery based device with an external temperature senor and send the data via cellular 4G network.
4G CATM NB1
The wireless temperature monitoring device sends immediate alerts on temperature changes to the driver as well as the dispatcher so you can quickly respond and avoid cargo spoilage.
The wireless temperature monitoring device is designed to monitor the temperature of food packages or boxes or pharmaceutical goods inside Pallets, Cargo and Parcels.
The wireless temperature monitoring device is designed to monitor goods such as pharmaceutical shipments. It is wireless so it is designed to be placed inside the package of the shipment.
The device supports up to 6 wired digital temperature sensors, with an accuracy of +/- 0.5˚C, +/- 0.9˚F.