Piccolo Plus IoT Gateway
The Industry's Most Innovative, Modular & Complete GPS Telematics Gateway
*available on 4g lte networks worldwide
The most innovative and complete GPS Telematics Gateway with an unparalleled set of features including built-in WIFI Hotspot, dual facing dash cam support, wireless sensor data, and ELD-ready for HOS Compliance.
GPS Tracker with WiFi Hotspot
Functions as a in-cabin WIFI Hotspot and wireless router allowing communication of any mobile device to the internet. The major advantage is that it lets you use one sim card, one cellular bill for GPS tracking, ELD, dispatch and messaging.
Reduced Monthly Charges
Fleet management, ELD and DashCam functionalities use ONE single SIM which eliminates the need for multiple SIM cards with multiple charges and enables the use of a less expensive WIFI tablet and WIFI Camera .
Plug & Play Integration
Plug & Play integration into any 3rd
party application via API or TCP/IP
A Robust Telematics GPS Fleet Tracking Device Integrated With IoT
In addition to it’s many telematics functionalities, the major advantage of the Piccolo Plus IoT device is that it functions as a in-cabin WIFI Hotspot and an IoT Gateway with integrated IoT tags – allowing you to connect your drivers and track anything.
Easily manage and centralize the tracking of all your assets in one place – From fleet management, ELD compliance, truck dash cams , mobile app for drivers, to shipment tracking on the parcel level.
How it works
Connect to almost any vehicle on the road with a variety of cable options. Sends GPS location every XX seconds/minutes and/or every YY
miles/km or any combination between time and distance based on speed
Switches to deep sleep mode when engine is turned off and automatically wakes up when switch is turned on or on vibration (this feature does not require back up battery)
Engine on/off, vibration alarm, door open/close
are sent with the time stamp of the event and can be configured remotely to be sent with or without the exact GPS location taken at the time of the event.
Built-in WiFi hotspot allow for transferring engine data to the DriverLog app or to 3rd party integrations.
When the vehicle is stolen a command is sent OTA to kill the starter so once the vehicle is stopped and the ignition is turned off it can’t be turned on again (for safety reasons in most countries it’s illegal to OTA turn off the engine or gradually decelerate when the vehicle is moving).
Modular, easy to integrate and inexpensive to customize to your needs
The Piccolo Plus functions as an in-cabin WiFi Hotspot and wireless router allowing communication of any mobile device to the internet.
The Piccolo Plus IoT to act as an IoT Gateway which is used to process and forward the IoT data to the server- for an all around connected fleet.
Reads CANbus OBDII, K-Line, J1939, and J1708 data such as: fuel consumption, oil pressure, distance travelled, RPM.
Supports up to 50 RFTags for high-accuracy temperature monitoring of +/- 0.9°F (0.5°C) when packaged with an external digital temp sensor or an accuracy of +/- 1.8°F (1°C) with the integrated temperature sensor.
Monitor up to 6 different compartments with an accuracy of ±0.5°C, and easily configure the Piccolo Plus to report and alert on temperature readings periodically and on deviations
Integrated rechargeable back-up battery. Battery level transmitted with every GPS data. Battery saving mode – automatically switches to deep sleep mode when the engine is turned off and automatically wakes-up when the engine is turned on or on tilt or vibration.
Stores and forwards up to 5000 events and sends them automatically when unit is back in cellular coverage.
Highly compressed OTA, UDP communication packaged with MidLink Middleware and “Plug & Play” API or DLL for quick integration into any third party software
3 digital inputs, 2 digital output and 1 analog input for event logs such as engine on/off, vibration alarm, door open/close, are sent with the time stamp of the event.
Authorize drivers to start vehicle with driver identification via dallas keys or passive RFID keys.
Flexible RS-232 interface allowing easy integration of external devices.
- Network availability –GSM/GPRS or EDGE/HSPA+ (3G) or 4G LTE CAT-1
- Frequency Bands – 2G Quad-Band, 3G European: 900/1800/2100 or 3G US 850/1900 MHZ. LTE: B13(700) B2(1900) B4(AWS1700) B5(850) B12/B13(700)
- Enclosure – Flame retardant ABS/PC IP31
- Flame rating UL94V-0
- Optional water proof IP 6y enclosure with a blind cover without LED’s.
- GPS Technology – MTK 66 channels
- Dimensions – 4” x 2.3” x 1.2” LWD (100mm x 58mm x 30mm)
- Additional 0.35” (9mm) on each side for mounting brackets
- Weight: 3.8 oz (110gr) without the cable
- Radio Frequency
Around 150 ft / 50m line of sight. Actual range may vary depending on RF interference, building materials, and physical obstacles.
Bluetooth for ELD tablet communication.
- RF Protocol
Bluetooth for IoT Tags – iBeacon or Eddystone (TLM) or custom.
Proprietary RFLink Tags.
- Operating Temperature: -40° to 176° F (-40° to 80° C)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 221° F (-40° to 105° C)
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110F (40C), non-condensing
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA standard RS-316B
3G (operang), 20G (non operang) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455
- Power source: 6VDC-32VDC tethered to vehicle battery or portable
with cigarette plug connector
- ESD 4kV contact, 15kV air
- When external power is disconnected the unit automatically switches to back up 1800 mAh/3.7 VDC lithium rechargeable battery, when
fully charged can send up to 1,200 GPS locations
- Protection: internal resettable, 1Amp fuse
- Transmit mode: 200mA at 12VDC
- Running mode: 70mA at 12VDC
- Hibernation mode: 20mA at 12VDC – (when waiting for external event with GPS on)
- Standby mode: 45μA – (switching to sleep mode automatically when engine is off and/or when external power is disconnected)
- Digital Inputs – three contact events – two ground sense and one
8VDC – 32VDC positive sense
- Analog Inputs – one 0-5VDC
- Digital Outputs – two open collector 500mA
- Add three digital inputs for a total of four ground sense and two positive sense
- Add one analog input for a total of two
- Add RS-232 serial port for a total of two. The additional RS-232 port can support RS-485.
- Add communication with notebook or PDA via Wi-Fi
- Communication with notebook via USB
- Vibration sensor – sensitivity adjustable for automatic security alarm
- 3D Accelerometer – for tilt detection, detects and reports extreme driving behavior such as sudden acceleration, sudden lane crossing,
sharp turns, and sudden braking
- Driver identification via iButton (Dallas key)
- Multiple temperature sensors
- Internal lithium 1800 mAh rechargeable battery
- Waterproof IP67 enclosure with a blind cover for trailer and asset tracking
- External SMA connectors for external cellular and/or GPS antennas
FME Connector for GSM Antenna
- CAN bus:
- Implements ISO-11898 standard physical layers
- Suitable for 12V and 24V systems
- Operates at speeds of up to 1 Mb/s
- J1939 & FMS compatible
- ODB II
- J1708 interface
- Active RFID tags
- Garmin FMI interfaces
- Remote wireless IO’s
- In cabin installation (usually under the dashboard when dashboard is plastic)
- External roof mount or trailer top with a blind waterproof cover
- GPS: Off when service is disabled, blinking green when operating
normally, blinking orange when GPS current reading is invalid, blinking red on GPS error
- Modem: Solid green when modem is registered, off when no signal is present or unit is off
- Data: Solid red when data is waiting to be transmitted, off when no data is in the buffer
- Power: Solid green when operating normally, off when unit is off,
turning to orange when charging the internal battery
- Firmware download via USB or OTA
- Configurable via USB or OTA
- Highly compressed OTA, UDP communication packaged with MidLink Middleware and “Plug & Play“ API or DLL for quick integration into
any third party software
- Or direct TCP/IP communication OTA,(no Middleware) packaged with “Plug & Play“ API or DLL for quick integration into any third party software
- OTA diagnostic tool
- Vibration sensor sensitivity OTA configurable
- CAN Bus, J1939 and J1708 data like: Fuel consumption, oil pressure, distance travelled, RPM and much more can be sent to the control center in real time as the event occurs or with every GPS data or at a predetermined interval which is all OTA configurable
Frequently Asked Questions
The best GPS telematics device is one that fits your specific needs and requirements.
The Piccolo Plus is the most innovative and complete GPS Telematics Gateway providing real-time visibility into location status, with an unparalleled set of features including wireless sensor data, built-in WiFi Hotspot and ELD-ready for HOS Compliance.
Price depends on volume and features. Contact us for a personal quote.
Installation is plug and play. You can connect to almost any vehicle with a variety of cable options.
In addition to it’s many telematics functionalities, the major advantage of the Piccolo Plus IoT device is that it functions as a in-cabin WIFI Hotspot and an IoT Gateway with integrated IoT BLE tags – for countless applications.
There is a rechargeable back-up battery that recharges when vehicle is turned on. Unit works off the back-up battery when engine is turned off.