Solar Panel recharges the internal batteries at a rate equivalent to around 20 GPS positions/day, removing maintenance needs.
Programmed to send GPS location every XX hours (usually once a day) when the asset is stationary
Once movement/vibration is detected, the unit wakes up automatically, sends an alarm and switches to motion mode sending GPS every XX minutes for as long as the asset is in motion mode (usually every 60 minutes).
- When the Piccolo ATX2S is wired to an external power source such as a trailer connected to the cabin, it’s internal battery will be charged and the Piccolo ATX2S will operate in real-time, sending GPS every XX minutes (Usually every 1 minute).
- When the cabin disconnects from the trailer, the external power is disconnected and the Piccolo ATX2S will automatically switch to asset tracking mode powered by the internal battery and operating as described above.
- Network availability – GSM/GPRS or EDGE/HSPA+ (3G) or 4G LTE, CAT-1, CATM
- Frequency Bands – 2G Quad-Band, 3G European: 900/1800/2100 or 3G US 850/1900 MHZ
- Enclosure ABSPC water proof IP67 enclosure, rated UL94V-0
- GPS – MTK 66 Channels
- 7.3” x 2.8” x 1.6” (185mm x 73mm x 41mm) without solar panel and bracket
- Weight: 9oz (255gr) without the batteries
- Operating Temperature: -22º to 176º F (-30º to 80º C)
- Storage Temperature: -40º to 221º F (-40º to 105º C)
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110F (40C), non-condensing
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA
standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G
(non \operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455
- Standby mode: 40ma at 3V
- Sleep mode: 45uA at 3V
- Transmit mode: 1.8A pulse at 3V
- For portability – Install mounting bracket on any trailer, container and/or asset
- Magnets – For easy installation on metal surfaces
- Two sided 3M Industrial tape- for a strong, permanent attachment
- Mount the Piccolo ATX 2S to the asset with screws
- Operated by Rechargeable battery – the standard is one 4.2 VDC Lithium rechargeable battery pack with a capacity of 7800mA. When fully charged has the capacity of transmitting around 5000 GPS position. Optionally a second battery pack can be added with same capacity for transmitting a total of around 10000 GPS positions. The unit has an internal fast charger. The batteries are charged via an external of the shelf standard 6-24VDC regulated power supply wall powered (110-220 AC) that plugs into the unit via a waterproof connector. Optionally the unit can be charged from a car battery via the cigarette plug. The charge time is around 4-5 for one battery pack.
- Solar Powered – the self charging gps tracking device configuration remains as described above, with a rechargeable battery or two battery packs, the solar panel will charge the lithium batteries at 200Mamp in full sun. In a sunny day the solar panel will charge the batteries with power the equivalent to around 20 GPS transmissions.