The Piccolo Plus acts as a gateway- creating an easy to deploy, affordable and highly scalable wireless network of Active RFID Tags for temperature monitoring and asset tracking, delivering valuable data and insights online in real-time.
Connect to almost any vehicle on the road with a variety of cable options.
In addition to GPS tracking, the tracker actively reads and reports engine diagnostics, fuel data, driver behavior and temperature data, the Piccolo Plus provides visibility into specialized, on-board equipment such as PTO status.
Acting as an in-cabin WiFi router, the Piccolo Plus allows communication of any mobile device to the internet. The major advantage is that it lets you use one sim card- one cellular bill for GPS tracking, HOS, dispatch and messaging.
The Piccolo Plus acts as a gateway, for easy-to-deploy and affordable active RFID tags for asset tracking and wireless sensors for temperature monitoring.
- Network availability –GSM/GPRS or EDGE/HSPA+ (3G) or 4G LTE CAT-1
- Frequency Bands – 2G Quad-Band, 3G European: 900/1800/2100 or 3G US 850/1900 MHZ. LTE: B13(700) B2(1900) B4(AWS1700) B5(850) B12/B13(700)
- Enclosure – Flame retardant ABS/PC IP31
- SIRF Star IV 48 receiving channels.
- 4″ x 2.3″ x 1.2″ LWD (100mm x 58mm x 30mm)
Additional 0.35″ (9mm) on each side for mounting brackets.
- Weight : 3.8oz (110g) without the cable
- Operating Temperature: -22° to 176°F (-30° to 80°C).
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 221°F (-40° to 105°C).
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110°F (40°C), non-condensing.
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G (non-operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455.
- Power source: 6DC -32VDC tethered to vehicle battery or portable with cigarette plug connector.
- ESD 4kV contact, 15kV air.
- When external power is disconnected auto switch to back up 1000 mA 3.7 VDC lithium rechargeable battery.
- Protection internal resettable 1Amp fuse
- Digital Inputs – three contact events, two ground sense and one 5VDC – 32VDC positive sense.
- Analog Inputs – one 0-5VDC.
- Digital Outputs – two open collector 500mA.
- Internal analog temperature sensor.
- Transmit mode: 200mA at 12VDC
- Running mode: 70mA at 12VDC
- Standby (Hibernation mode: 20mA at 12VDC (when waiting for external event with GPS on).
- Sleep mode: 45uA – (switching to sleep mode automatically when engine is off and/or when external power is disconnected).
- In cabin installation (usually under the dashboard when dashboard is plastic).
- Plug & Play installation with OBDII/J1939 or J1708 connector prewired to the wire harness