Introducing the Piccolo IoT Telematics Suite of Solutions
The Industry’s Largest and Most Innovative Family of Telematics Devices Has Been Upgraded to Lead Telematics into IoT – for an Integrated and Connected Fleet.
In addition to the various Piccolo device functionalities for fleet management and asset tracking, every Piccolo device has the option to communicate with our various IoT BLE tags for countless applications!
• Fleet Management • Cold Chain • Asset Tracking • Inventory Management • School Transportation & Campus Management
Below you will find the partial list of applications using the Piccolo IoT Telematics Platform for asset management!
Gain visibility on your trailers whether on the road or on a job site. Remove maintenance pains with the innovative solar powered tag as the internal battery gets charged through the solar panels!
The only combined tractor and trailer tracker with integrated ELD, camera and IoT on the market!
Simply install a Piccolo device in the tractor with a plug and play harness plugged into the ECM and place a solar powered BLE Tag on each trailer.
When a trailer is dropped off or picked up, the location and time of drop off are recorded and can be reviewed on the server.
- Optional temperature sensors on the BLE Tag can provide live temperature alerts sent to dispatchers while in transit
- Optional Wifi hotspot can provide ELD compliance by installing DriverLog on a Wifi only tablet.
IoT enables to get real-time information of assets, thereby ensuring security and safety of the asset.
The Piccolo IoT Telematics device provides you with complete visibility on the whereabouts of your chassis, allows you to account for and identify under-utilized chassis and identify which containers are placed on which chassis.
- A Piccolo device is installed on the chassis and a solar powered active RFID tag is placed on the container.
- The Piccolo sends the location data of the chassis to the server and in addition communicates via Bluetooth to the BLE Tag placed on the container, to monitor when and which container is mounted on the chassis.
- The pickup and drop off location , time and container ID mounted on the chassis are recorded and can be reviewed on the server.
- As the BLE Tag is solar powered, there is no need to charge the BLE Tag. The solution is maintenance free!
IoT Roll Off Tracking
IoT Telematics lets you improve operational efficiency, settle billing issues and gain visibility and control over your assets. By tracking your assets can minimize asset loss and work more efficiently.
- Track delivery date, time and quantity. Gain visibility on last known location of every asset and for how long it has been parked at the customer’s site.
- Identify which asset was picked up and dropped off, when and where and by which truck and driver.
- Bill your customers on accurate, up to the second data and solve billing issues as you now have visibility on your inventory.
- Install a Piccolo IoT telematics device in the tractor with a plug and play harness plugged into the ECM .
- Place a BLE Tag on every container.
- When a container is dropped off or picked up, the location and time of drop off are recorded and can be reviewed on the server.
- The Piccolo Plus IoT device can provide an optional Wifi hotspot for a camera system.
- The only combined tractor and trailer tracker with integrated camera and IoT on the market!
IoT Shipment Tracking
IoT Telematics devices allow you to organize and gain visibility on your shipments thereby reducing loss of high value shipments.
- A Piccolo IoT telematics device is installed in the tractor with a plug and play harness plugged into the ECM .
- A Mini IoT Tag is placed on every shipment.
- When a shipment is dropped off or picked up, the location and time of drop off are recorded and can be reviewed on the server.
IoT Medical Equipment Tracking in Ambulances
Ambulances operate with a huge quantum of expensive medical equipment and allied assets which need to be monitored and tracked. In the rush of the emergency, often times the medical equipment is left behind, amounting to large expenses which can be avoided with asset tracking.
- A Piccolo device is plugged in via a plug and play harness to the ECM.
- Mini IoT Tags are placed on each piece of high value medical equipment like respirator, bed, etc. When equipment is dropped off at a hospital, the location and time of drop off are recorded and can be reviewed on the server.
- If an item is left behind once the ambulance starts moving, drivers are alerted of missing assets via SMS message to their smart phone/tablet.
IoT telematics devices help with inventory management and fast and easy identification of the last location of every asset in the yard.
Tracking your assets in your yard provides location information as well as it’s current state, which let’s you increase the assets efficiency, save on expenses and same money on items that were not in use.
- A Piccolo STX is installed on the Forklift.
- Solar Powered BLE Tags are placed on each Generator or any other high value asset stored in the yard .
- When assets are moved around the yard, the location and time of drop off are recorded and can be reviewed on the server.
IoT is capable of getting real-time information on a wide array of assets and provide crucial information that will help decision making.
Talk to us today about your needs.