best GPS tracker for trailer
keeping track of your trailers’ location can be a challenge, especially when they are not in use. Fortunately, GPS trailer trackers provide the perfect solution to this problem. With so many options available in the market, finding the best GPS tracker for your trailer can be a daunting task. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most common questions and provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
The best GPS trailer tracker ultimately depends on your specific needs. However, some popular options in the market include the Piccolo Hybrid and the Piccolo ATX2S Solar Powered tracker. These GPS trackers offer a very long battery life, real-time tracking, solar charging and optional external sensors.
The best way to track a utility trailer is to use a GPS tracker that provides real-time location updates. This will allow you to monitor your trailer’s location and receive alerts if it moves out of a designated area. Additionally, you can use security measures such as locks, alarms, and cameras to deter theft. A good Trailer tracker for these needs would be the Piccolo Hybrid.
Yes, you can put a GPS tracker on a utility trailer. GPS trackers come in different sizes and shapes, and many of them are designed specifically for trailers. It’s essential to choose a GPS tracker that is durable, weather-resistant, and has a long battery life to ensure it can withstand the elements.
Hiding a GPS tracker on your trailer can be tricky, but there are a few options available. You can hide the tracker inside a toolbox, behind a license plate, or under the trailer. Some GPS trackers also come with magnetic casings that allow you to attach them to the underside of the trailer or other metal surfaces.
There are several ways to ensure that nobody steals your trailer. Firstly, you can use locks, such as wheel locks, hitch locks, and coupler locks, to prevent someone from hooking up your trailer to their vehicle. Additionally, you can install an alarm system that will alert you if someone attempts to steal your trailer. You can also park your trailer in a secure location or use a GPS tracker to monitor its location.
Securing your trailer involves taking several measures, such as using locks, alarms, and GPS trackers. Additionally, you can park your trailer in a secure location, install cameras to monitor the area, and use tamper-evident seals to indicate if someone has tampered with the trailer.
A good option would also be to install a GPS Tracker with an integrated Lock mechanism.
GPS trackers work by receiving signals from GPS satellites to determine the device’s location. The GPS tracker sends this location data to a server, which can be accessed through a mobile app or web-based interface. The app or interface will display the tracker’s location on a map, allowing you to monitor the tracker’s movement in real-time.
When choosing a GPS tracker, consider factors such as battery life, durability, range, and real-time tracking. Additionally, check if the tracker comes with additional features such as geofencing, alerts, and tamper detection.
Comparison between the three best GPS trackers for trailer tracking:
- Piccolo Hybrid:
- Battery Capacity: It features a large 7800 mAh rechargeable lithium battery capacity.
- Enclosure: Packaged in a compact IP67 waterproof enclosure, ensuring protection against water and dust.
- GPS and Cellular Connectivity: Integrated GPS and cellular antennas allow for accurate positioning and communication.
- Network Compatibility: Available on 4G CATM1/NB1 networks worldwide, with fallback to 2G when needed.
- Over-the-Air Configuration: Allows for easy configuration and updates remotely.
- Alarms and Alerts: Sends SMS alarms on unauthorized vibrations and provides auto alerts when external power is disconnected or connected.
- Purpose-built: Designed specifically for trailer tracking, making it suitable for various trailer types.
- Solar Powered Piccolo ATMS:
- Solar Charging: Features an integrated solar panel that recharges the unit, providing an equivalent rate of around 7 GPS positions per day. This removes the need for frequent maintenance and battery replacement.
- Battery Options: Powered by a large 4000mAh or 7800mAh rechargeable battery, offering flexibility based on specific needs.
- Standalone: Functions independently without the need for external power sources.
- Piccolo ATX:
- Rugged Enclosure: Packaged in an ultra-rugged IP67 waterproof enclosure, ensuring durability and protection against environmental factors.
- Long Battery Life: Offers a battery life of up to 5 years, powered by two standard off-the-shelf C size lithium batteries.
- Wireless and Battery Powered: Operates wirelessly, providing flexibility in installation and usage.
- Versatility: Suitable for a range of asset tracking applications, including trailers.
In summary, the Piccolo Hybrid offers a large battery capacity, comprehensive features, and network compatibility for trailer tracking. The Solar Powered Piccolo ATMS combines solar charging with battery options, reducing maintenance needs. The Piccolo ATX stands out with its rugged enclosure, long battery life, and versatility for tracking purposes. The choice depends on specific requirements such as battery life, maintenance, and environmental conditions in which the device will be used.