Features & Benefits
A Powerful School Bus Fleet Management System
Our powerful fleet management platform provides key data and analytics including GPS tracking, engine diagnostics and driver behavior.
- An easy-to-use cloud-based platform.
- Real-time tracking
- Last location
- Speed and direction of buses.
- Fuel Report
- Status of bus
- Engine diagnostics including battery level, RPM and odometer.
Multi-Camera DVR System For Student Visibility & Safety
Capture every angle, with around the clock recording and support for up to 4 cameras including a dual facing dash cam, interior and side cameras.
Auto-upload video from multiple cameras triggered by Driver Behavior Events such as sudden brake, sudden acceleration, sharp turns, lane crossing and speeding with the exact time and location and log-in on demand to view real-time video to see what is happening inside your buses.
Student Monitoring Using RFID Technology
For a complete end-to-end solution of the daily school bus operation, we provide student monitoring using active or passive RFID technology.
RFID Tags associated with every child allow for immediate log of each student, increasing visibility and allowing you to:
- Track attendance
- Account when and where each student got on and off the bus
- Detect unauthorized student boarding
- Detect duplicate usage of the same ID card.
The student monitoring solution combined with the school bus fleet management system offers the most integrated school bus safety solution on the market.
Your children’s safety is our number one priority. Our fleet.net platform puts accurate, reliable transportation information into the hands of parents. Parents are able login to the cloud platform from their mobile or PC and get:
- Live Tracking and Estimated Arrival Times:
- AM to the school, the actual ETA of the bus to pick up the student at the designated stop location (marked in blue at the route below)
- The actual pick up time.
- The planned arrival time to the school and actual arrival time.
- PM from the school, the actual pick-up time at the school and the ETA arrival of the bus to the specific bus stop where the student is planned to exit the bus.
- Automatic Alerts and Messages:
- SMS or email messages notify parents on delays in pick up or arrival of the bus to their designated bus stop.
- Parents can see where the bus is at all times from the app.
We Offer The Following Devices To Meet your Needs and Requirements
A Piccolo Plus with a passive RFID reader is installed in every school bus. Every student is equipped with a passive RFID card. As the students board the bus, they scan their RFID card on the RFID reader at a distance of around 10”, which stores the pick-up location and student ID data. Once the bus starts moving the stored data is sent to the platform. The platform has a data base (DB) of all active students and their ID number. If a scanned card does not match the student registry in the DB, that scan will be marked as invalid which could mean that an unauthorized individual entered the bus scanning a fake ID card, or it’s an old student ID card which is no longer valid.
A wireless RFID tag (RFTag) allows for a no-touch log of when and where students get on and off buses – no action is required by the student.
Students are equipped with an active RFID tag that can be placed in their backpack and the student is not required to scan their ID card when boarding or exiting the bus. The Active RFID reader that is integrated inside the Piccolo Plus will automatically read the RFtag and upload to the platform the exact time and address of the pickup/drop-off event. This solution has a great advantage- especially for younger students.