Packaged in an IP67 waterproof enclosure the Piccolo ATX-2S is the ideal solution for: Container tracking, Trailer tracking and any Asset tracking.
- The revolutionary Solar Powered Piccolo ATX 2S has a rechargeable battery capacity of sending up to 10,000 GPS positions on a single charge
- The large solar panel charges the integrated rechargeable lithium with power equivalent to the transmission of up to 20 GPS positions a day. (depending on weather, location and exposure to the sun)
- Asset tracking mode of operation - can be preprogramed to sends the GPS location every XX hours (usually once a day) when the asset is in stop position. When vibration is detected the unit wakes up automatically and sends an alarm and switches to motion mode sending GPS every XX minutes for as long as the asset is in motion mode (usually every 60 minutes)
- Hybrid - Dual Mode of operation for Trailer Tracking - When the Piccolo ATX2S is wired to external power source such as trailer connected to the cabin the ATX2S internal batteries will be charged and the ATX2S will operate in real-time sending GPS say every minute. When the cabin disconnects from the trailer the external power is disconnected and the ATX2S will automatically switch to be powered by the internal battery and will switch to asset tracking mode described above
The large solar panel charges the integrated rechargeable lithium battery with power equivalent to the transmission of up to 20 GPS positions a day.
Preprogramed to send the GPS location every XX hours (usually once a day) when the asset is stationary. When vibration is detected the unit wakes up automatically and sends an alarm and switches to motion mode sending GPS every XX minutes for as long as the asset is in motion mode (usually every 60 minutes)
the ATX2S can change the frequency of transmitting GPS when entering a pre-configured geo-fence.
The Piccolo ATX2S can house two large 7800Mamp rechargeable lithium batteries.
Each battery can transmit up to 5,000 GPS positions when fully charged. When packaged with two 7800Mamp batteries, the ATX2S can transmit a total of up to 10,000 GPS positions.
When externally powered, the Piccolo ATX2S acts as a real-time tracker reading the temperature at a preconfigured interval and reporting back to the server.
When external power is disconnected the ATX2S switches to AT mode and will wake up at a predefined intervals to read the temperature and report it back to the server.
When externally powered, the Piccolo ATX2S will read the engine diagnostics.
When equipped with the optional wire-harness, the ATX2S supports 2 Digital inputs, 1 Digital Output and 1 Analog Input
When an event is detected, the Piccolo ATX2S is programmable to send an SMS alarm to mobile phones together with the current GPS coordinates.
- Network availability – GSM/GPRS or Edge/HSPA+(3G)
- Frequency Bands - 2G Quad-Band, 3G European: 900/1800/2100 or 3G US 850/1900 MHZ
- Enclosure ABSPC water proof IP67 enclosure, rated UL94V-0
- GPS – MTK 66 Channels
- 7.3” x 2.8” x 1.6” (185mm x 73mm x 41mm) without solar panel and bracket
- Weight: 9oz (255gr) without the batteries
- standby mode: 40ma at 3V
- sleep mode: 45uA at 3V
- transmit mode: 1.8A pulse at 3V
- Operating Temperature: -22º to 176º F (-30º to 80º C)
- Storage Temperature: -40º to 221º F (-40º to 105º C)
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110F (40C), non-condensing
Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA
standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G
(non \operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455
- For portability - Install mounting bracket on any trailer, container and/or asset
- Magnets - For easy installation on metal surfaces
- Two sided 3M Industrial tape- for a strong, permanent attachment
- Mount the Piccolo ATX 2S to the asset with screws
- Operated by Rechargeable battery - the standard is one 4.2 VDC Lithium rechargeable battery pack with a capacity of 7800mA. When fully charged has the capacity of transmitting around 5000 GPS position. Optionally a second battery pack can be added with same capacity for transmitting a total of around 10000 GPS positions. The unit has an internal fast charger. The batteries are charged via an external of the shelf standard 6-24VDC regulated power supply wall powered (110-220 AC) that plugs into the unit via a waterproof connector. Optionally the unit can be charged from a car battery via the cigarette plug. The charge time is around 4-5 for one battery pack.
- Solar Powered the unit configuration remains as described above with a rechargeable battery or two battery packs, the solar panel will charge the lithium batteries at 200Mamp in full sun. In a sunny day the solar panel will charge the batteries with power the equivalent to around 20 GPS transmissions.