Packaged in an IP67 waterproof enclosure with integrated GPS and cellular antennas equipped with an 7800 mAh rechargeable lithium back up battery and an external digital temperature sensor with +/- 0.5˚ C, +/- 0.9˚F accuracy the TMX+ monitors the temperature in a closed area such as a refrigerated truck and will transmit it periodically to the server.
The Piccolo TMX+ is based on the Wireless Links advanced low power technology developed for the Piccolo ATX-2S for asset tracking.
Easily deploy the Piccolo TMX by simply placing the device in the desired area to start monitoring the temperature. The Piccolo TMX can also be ordered with a wire-harness for a permanent installation when connection to external power is available.
Assuming temperature reading every 5 minutes but send the accumulated 12 readings once an hour to the host the 7800 mAh battery life will be around 5000 temperature readings.
Once placed in the refrigerated area the Piccolo TMX is normally in deep sleep mode configured to wake up once every XX minutes, read the temperature with the current GPS position and send it with a time stamp to the server.
Or in order to preserve battery life wake up every XX minutes (for example every 5 minutes) read the temperature with the battery life and time stamp store it in the Piccolo TMX memory and send all accumulated reading with their respective time stamps to the server every YY minutes (for example every 60 minutes).
- Network availability – GSM/GPRS or Edge/HSPA+(3G)
- Frequency Bands - 2G Quad-Band, 3G European: 900/1800/2100 or 3G US 850/1900 MHZ
- Enclosure ABSPC water proof IP67 enclosure, rated UL94V-0
- GPS – MTK 66 Channels
- Dimensions: 4.9” x 3.3” x 1.6” (125mm x 87mm x 41mm)
- Weight: 3.7oz (105g) without the batteries
- standby mode: 40ma at 3V
- sleep mode: 45uA at 3V
- transmit mode: 1.8A pulse at 3V
- Operating Temperature: -22º to 176º F (-30º to 80º C)
- Storage Temperature: -40º to 221º F (-40º to 105º C)
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110F (40C), non-condensing
Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA
standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G
(non \operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455
- Magnets for mounting on metal surfaces
- Simply place the TMX+ in the desired area - no need for installation