- Sends GPS location every XX seconds/minutes or every YY mi/km or any combination between time and distance based on speed.
- Event logs such as; engine on/off, vibration alarm, door open/close, are sent with the time stamp of the event and can be configured remotely to be sent with or without the exact GPS location taken at the time of the event.
- Communication to notebooks via USB.
- Accurate driven distance.
- Security alarm on tilt and/or vibration.
- Tow/accident detection.
- Theft protection - OTA starter killer.
- Function rich yet flexible application with simple and friendly user interface configurable locally via USB or over the air (OTA).
- Built in Geo-fence programmable OTA.
- Panic button.
- Easily portable with a cigarette plug.
- Sends cell based location in addition to GPS.
- Stores and forwards up to 5000 events and sends them automatically when unit is back in cellular coverage.
Battery saving mode – automatically switches to deep sleep mode when the engine is turned off and automatically wakes-up when the engine is turned on or on tilt or vibration.
Driver identification - drivers IDs that are authorized to drive the specific vehicle are downloaded to the unit OTA and only the drivers that have the matching Dallas Key ID are authorized to start the vehicle and the driver ID is sent to the control center database.
Detects and reports extreme driving behavior such as sudden acceleration, sudden lane crossing, sharp turns and sudden braking
Monitor up to 6 different compartments with an accuracy of ±0.5°C, and easily configure the Piccolo Plus to report the temperature readings periodically, when the temperature changes more than X degrees and configure alarm limits for Highs and Lows right into the Piccolo Plus.
CANbus OBDII, K-Line, J1939 and J1708 data such as: fuel consumption, oil pressure, distance travelled, RPM, and much more is sent to the control center in real time as the event occurs with every GPS data, or at a predetermined interval completely OTA configurable.
The Piccolo Plus with integrated WiFi module will function as a in-cabin WiFi Hotspot and wireless router allowing communication of any mobile device to the internet via the Piccolo Plus.
The major advantage is using one sim, one cellular bill for GPS tracking, HOS, dispatch and messaging.
Event logs such as; engine on/off, vibration alarm, door open/close, are sent with the time stamp of the event and can be configured remotely to be sent with or without the exact GPS location taken at the time of the event.
Up to 50 Active RFTags can communicate at once with the Piccolo Plus at a range of up to 210ft (70m).
The RFTags can serve as wireless temperature sensors and/or wireless IO's.
Flexible RS-232 interface allowing easy integration of external devices.
- Network availability – 2G GSM/GPRS, 3G HSPA
- Frequency Bands - 2G Quad-Band European 3G 900/1800/2100, US 3G 850/1900 MHZ
- Enclosure – Flame retardant ABS/PC IP31
- GPS Technology – SIRF Star IV 48 receiving channels.
4″ x 2.3″ x 1.2″ LWD (100mm x 58mm x 30mm)
Additional 0.35″ (9mm) on each side for mounting brackets.
- Weight : 3.8oz (110g) without the cable
- Power source: 6VDC-32VDC tethered to vehicle ba ery or portable with cigare e plug connector
- ESD 4kV contact, 15kV air.
- When external power is disconnected, the unit automatically switches to backup 1800mAh, 3.7 VDC lithium rechargeable battery. When fully charged, the unit can send up to 1200 GPS locations.
- Protection - internal resettable 1A fuse.
- Transmit mode: 200mA at 12VDC
- Running mode: 70mA at 12VDC
- Standby (Hibernation mode: 20mA at 12VDC (when waiting for external event with GPS on).
- Sleep mode: 45uA - (switching to sleep mode automatically when engine is off and/or when external power is disconnected).
- Digital Inputs - three contact events, two ground sense and one 5VDC – 32VDC positive sense.
- Analog Inputs – one 0-5VDC.
- Digital Outputs – two open collector 500mA.
- Internal analog temperature sensor.
- In cabin installation (usually under the dashboard when dashboard is plastic).
- Plug & Play installation with OBDII/J1939 or J1708 connector prewired to the wireharness
- Operating Temperature: -22° to 176°F (-30° to 80°C).
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 221°F (-40° to 105°C).
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110°F (40°C), non-condensing.
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G (non-operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455.