The industry's most advanced & most versatile dual mode GPS unit for Trailer Tracking, Boat Tracking, and Machinery Tracking.
Packaged in a robust IP67 waterproof enclosure with a large 7800 mA rechargeable lithium back up battery that enables the unit to send up to 5000 GPS locations on a single charge.
The Piccolo Hybrid+ will automatically switch from regular vehicle tracking mode to asset tracking mode when the external power is disconnected.
- When powered by external power, the Piccolo Hybrid+ operates in real-time vehicle tracking mode sending GPS in high frequency for example every 30 seconds.
- Once power is disconnected, the Piccolo Hybrid+ switches to Asset Tracking (AT) mode sending data 1-2 times a day when parked ( user definable ),when movement/vibration is detected, the Piccolo Hybrid+ will automatically wake up send an alarm and for as long as the vibration continues will switch to report data at a more frequent interval (user-definable ) for example every 30 minutes.
- When movement/vibrations are detected, the device can be configured to stay awake for the duration of movement and report in real-time.
The Piccolo Hybrid+, when powered by the large 7800Mamp battery can report up to 5,000 GPS positions off a single charge.
Once external power is restored, the internal battery will recharge.
Hybrid - Dual Mode operation for Trailer Tracking. When the Piccolo Hybrid+ is wired to an external power source such as trailer connected to the cabin, the internal battery will be charged and the Hybrid+ will operate in real-time sending GPS say every minute. When the cabin disconnects from the trailer the external power is disconnected and the Hybrid+ will automatically switch to be powered by the internal battery and will switch to asset tracking mode
When externally powered, the Piccolo Hybrid+ acts as a real-time tracker reading the temperature at a preconfigured interval and reporting back to the server.
When external power is disconnected the Hybrid+ switches to AT mode and will wake up at a predefined intervals to read the temperature and report it back to the server.
When externally powered, the Piccolo Hybrid+ will read the engine diagnostics.
2 Digital inputs, 1 Digital Output and 1 Analog input
When an event is detected, the Piccolo Hybrid+ is programmable to send an SMS alarm to mobile phones together with the current GPS coordinates.
the Hybrid+ can change the frequency of transmitting GPS when entering a pre-configured geo-fence.
- Network availability – GSM/GPRS or Edge/HSPA+(3G)
- Frequency Bands - Quad-Band (European 900/1800/2100, American 850/1900/2100)
- Enclosure ABSPC water proof IP67 enclosure, rated UL94V-0
- GPS – MTK 66 Channels
- Dimensions: 4.9” x 3.3” x 1.6” (125mm x 87mm x 41mm)
- Weight: 3.7oz (105g) without the batteries
- standby mode: 40ma at 3V
- sleep mode: 45uA at 3V
- transmit mode: 1.8A pulse at 3V
- Operating Temperature: -22º to 176º F (-30º to 80º C)
- Storage Temperature: -40º to 221º F (-40º to 105º C)
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110F (40C), non-condensing
Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA
standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G
(non \operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455
- Magnets - For easy installation on metal surfaces
- Two sided 3M Industrial tape- for a strong, permanent attachment
- Mount the Piccolo Hybrid+ to the asset with screws
- Operated by Rechargeable battery - one 4.2 VDC Lithium rechargeable battery pack with a capacity of 7800mA. When fully charged has the capacity of transmitting around 5000 GPS position. The unit has an internal fast charger. The batteries are charged via an external of the shelf standard 6-24VDC regulated power supply wall powered (110-220 AC) that plugs into the unit via a waterproof connector. Charge time is around 4-5 hours.
- Externally powered- the Hybrid+ will run in continuous mode acting as a real-time tracker for as long as external power is available. The internal battery will recharge for as long as external power is available.